Kristin and Jay choose the area in part because Kristin, her mom, and sisters had fond memories there. Kristin lost her mom about five years ago so it was a nice way to include her in the wedding. I am sure her mom was watching over and is very happy she found Jay. They couldn’t be a nicer couple….they are smart, sweet, funny, down to earth, and perfect for each other. Each seem so selfless and caring for each other. They had a beautiful reception with slight nautical touches and the ceremony was heart felt as it was performed by Jay’s uncle. I loved the oyster bar and the whoopie pie station I also really enjoyed the lawn games and lobster bake rehearsal dinner.
9 reasons to hire a planner you probably never thought about….
1. Budget—sounds weird because they are 20% of the budget but they are able to evaluate what is important to you and where you can save by coming up with creative ideas and knowing the right vendors to hire. Besides like Heidi from Seacoast Harbor Events says…. “don’t you want to invest your wedding day with a professional?”
2. Cohesive design—this is HUGE! Trust me the photos will be 100% better if a planner oversees the planning. They can take your dreams and make them a reality by merging ideas and keeping everything in a theme/color palette.
3. Stress free—planning takes a ton of time, a bunch of negotiating, lots and lots of research, and its just much better to have someone guiding the decisions and overseeing the contract processes.
4. They know the intricate details that need to be attended too. They wont let the linens get overlooked in the fees, they will make sure the cake is the perfect size for the amount of guests etc. They make sure everything is handled professionally and you can just keep getting pampered that weekend
5. Day of details—they know exactly what you want. Where you want things, when the florist needs to arrive, where the photo booth can set up etc.
6. Planning from afar—they are your one go to contact instead of having to keep up with multiple vendor connections throughout the engagement they are your go to.
7. The scapegoat….instead of having to make excuses up to your mom as to why you want to do things a particular way you can just suggest the planner said that was the way to do it. The planner can be the buffer and talk to mom when mom thinks she knows best.
8. Their experience is invaluable…..even if you have been to tons of weddings in the last several years…..a wedding planner is on the inside of 10-20 weddings a year! They know what works, what doesn’t work….what to do when something changes or goes wrong….its all accounted for
9. Making your dreams a reality. They have walked with you on your engagement journey and are going to do all they can to make your wedding day the best one your friends and family have ever seen.
The best way to spend your wedding weekend is with family and friends. Steven and Erin have an amazing network of friends and family. I have had the pleasure of photographing many of their weddings–and I LOVED spending time with them all this past weekend. Truly the best people ever. Thank you all for being so fabulous and sweet to me. Erin and Steve just click–they just work together. Its pretty incredible when you see relationships like this. They do compromise well and are generally selfless. I am so lucky and honored that Erin choose me to be her wedding photographer. The weather couldn’t have been more beautiful….and the planning couldn’t have gone more perfectly. Congratulations to Erin and her mom Helen and their team of vendors they did a wonderful job. South Church is so bright and open it was a sweet ceremony performed by Jo Maden a Life Cycle Celebrant. The transportation for the guests and bridal party were trolleys done by Seacoast Trolley. The reception was in the Portsmouth Harbor Events center owned by the Hilton Garden Inn which is where the guests stayed and they are literally just around the corner from each other. The florals were provided by the Flower Kiosk. The planning was done by Leslie at The Wedding Belle and she was fantastic. The music was done by Main Events Entertainment.
How did you two meet? We met online through match.com
How did he propose? I caught her totally off guard and by surprise one random Monday night (June 10th). When she came home from work, with all her gear in hand, I had dinner ready, flowers on the table and champagne chilling – I got down on one knee and proposed.
What is your favorite part of wedding planning? Erin says she likes researching and deciding on the little things for the wedding. Like embroidered napkins, floral arrangements, and bridesmaid gifts. Apparently Pinterest and The Knot have been invaluable.
What is the most important to you about your wedding? It’s the final step of a relationship – to vow to one another in front of family and friends that we will love each other for the rest of our lives.
What is your favorite thing about your fiancée? We make each other laugh? To be honest there isn’t enough room to describe everything we love about each other.
I met Spencer and her two girls several years ago while they were on vacation in Maine. She contacted me this winter because she decided they loved their vacation so much to Maine and have a history here with extended family that they were going to get married here too. They planned a intimate family Monday wedding. Spencer wanted to have their kids involved in the wedding as well as to capture some quality time portraits of the two of them together. It was a beautiful afternoon ceremony where Spencer and Mike beamed at each other. Spencer loves Mikes smile and his compassion. I hope their wedding was as relaxed and memorable as they had wished
Karol and Mark had a destination wedding at the Barn at Flanagan Farm in Buxton, Maine. Around 80 of their closest family and friends made the trip from many states as well as places from around the world! What brought them to Maine you ask? Mark from the age of 10 to the age of 18 would come from the Bronx, NY and stay at least a month with a Maine family…..the same Maine family every year. He became best friends with their son, they became his other family, and Maine one of his favorite places. Of course as life went on and he met Karol they came to Maine to visit–and sure enough Karol fell in love with the clear starry nights, and the relaxing feeling of Maine. Karol is in fashion design in NY, and Mark is an IT professional. They both have many siblings and both of them are identical twins! In fact that is how they met….Karol’s twin recently married to one of Mark’s step brothers who is also a twin They had a wedding everyone dreams of….fantastic food, crazy dance moves, incredible weather, campfire after party, and love….so much love! These two wrote the most amazing vows–everyone shed tears at the ceremony….and then everyone laughed as Mark repeated his vows in his best Spanish. This group of people….is one huge family….full of support and love. I am so thankful to them as well as God for bringing them into my life. Everyday I pinch myself being a Maine wedding photographer and working destination weddings is a wonderful life.