If you have your photographer documenting your whole wedding day you should consider the location for your getting ready photos. Does it have natural light, neutral colors, white walls? Is there a place to hang your dress? Will it be a great place for you to hang out with your bridal party before the wedding?
Tips for amazing getting ready photos on your wedding day
- Lots of natural window light
- Clean room without clutter
- Any and all available wedding Details (invitations with envelopes, rsvp’s, and save the dates, flowers, shoes, dress, jewelry, perfume, wedding program, gifts from the groom, bridesmaid dresses, men’s suits including shoes, belts, ties etc available for the second photographer with the men)
- Professional Hair and Makeup
- Robes–so everyone looks the same and isn’t worried about being in their pj’s
- Everyone there at the same time
- Good Timeline allowing everything to be stress-free
- Having Mom help put on the dress so its a surprise when you come out to your bridesmaids
- Arranging a special moment for dad to see you for the first time without clutter or other people
Editors note: This post was originally posted in 2013 but has been updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehension.