Clients often ask us where to go to do their engagement sessions. We generally shoot anywhere from Falmouth to Ogunquit for engagement sessions. Here are some examples of our favorite spots.
1. Biddeford Pool-Offering beautiful coastal Maine landscapes with rocks and beach options.
2. Nubble Light-One of the quintessential lighthouses in New England. Offering rocky coastal Maine landscapes–with several beaches very close by.
3. Portland Head Light-One of the most photographed lighthouses in the world. Portland Head light also known as Fort Williams State Park has a bunch of different backgrounds as options. It offers lawn, forts, picnic areas, rocky coast of Maine, and a little beach area.
4. Kettle Cove-Is known for the sunsetting over the water offering beautiful evening images. It has a beach, some rocky coast, and a little walking bridge.
5. Marginal Way-Is a walking path around the water. It has small beaches and rocky coastal landscape. There is a walking bridge over the working harbor. My favorite spot is the docks where the dingeys are tied.
6. Camp Ellis, Saco, Maine-Camp Ellis is a working Lobster harbor area. It has a small beach (best when the tide is out) and docks. It is beautiful there in the evenings.
7. Laudholm Farm-The water is within walking distance (2 miles) and the walking path through the trees is so pretty. There are fields, and the barns on site so there are many different background options.
8. Downtown Portland-It has the working harbor, beautiful brick backgrounds, cobblestone streets, and a more Urban feel.
9. East End Portland-There is a little pedestrian train that is in the east end, there is a long walking path along the water, Portland Company offers some classic brick backgrounds, and there is a beach a little way up where the public landing dock is in Portland.
10. Gisland Farm–Also known as the Maine Audubon Center. You can walk to the water, spend time in the peony garden, use the barn on site, or the fields.