Lindsey Green makes magic with wedding hair. She is amazing at updo’s and rocks the wedding makeup too. I have worked with Lindsey many times–I know she is dependable, fun, talented and will make you look perfect for your wedding. She is also a blast to be around–and provides you with that relaxed feeling you need on your wedding day. Hire Lindsey! Get to know Lindsey below and check out her website Lindsey Green:
1. How did you get started in the wedding industry? In beauty school I hated doing updos, mostly because I was terrible at them. I figured by entering a competition for wedding styling it would get me out of my comfort zone. It forced me to take classes in formal hair and practice, practice, practice. Turned out I won the competition. I am the national champion of the 2009 Junior Style Stars. Along with my prizes I was flown all over the country to speak, teach workshops and take classes. I’ve met and worked with the world’s top hairstylists. Those experiences pushed me to do more and now I’m happy to say I am an expert wedding stylist.
2. What is your best advice for a bride in the way of hair or makeup on her wedding day? Please don’t have your sister’s friend’s cousin who has an awesome pintrest page do your hair and makeup! Unless they are educated in those arenas and are seasoned in wedding day prep. Also some hairdressers, who are awesome in the salon, are also not going to be your best bet on your big day. It’s essential that you hire someone that is prepared to not only execute awesome hair and/ or makeup but can also work in the high stress “biggest day of your life!” environment.
3. Why do a trial? Why test drive a car?
4. What is your favorite dessert? It’s sooo hard, if not impossible, to pick one favorite. I love sweets. All sweets. So in the spirit of weddings I’ll tell you my cake was lemon cream with chocolate dipped stawberries on the side. And it was wonderful.
5. What is your favorite product? For wedding hair it’s White Sands texture spray. It is the best for keeping ironed curls curly. For makeup I have to say Green & Co.’s brow powder. I’ve been a little crazy about eyebrows lately and it’s so much softer looking than a pencil.